POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : M over P - 1 attachment : Re: M over P - revision 3 Server Time
17 Aug 2024 12:11:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: M over P - revision 3
From: Yadgar
Date: 4 Nov 2001 12:57:43
Message: <3BE58E2F.391F91F3@ndh.net>
Coridon Henshaw schrieb:

> Yadgar <j.b### [at] ndhnet> wrote in news:3BE### [at] ndhnet:
>
> > By the way, which image map did you use for the planet? A real map of
> > Mars?
>
> I posted most of the source a few days back.  The planet is an image map of
> mars with some fake normal effects added.
>
> > The ship looks wicked... are the groups of three blue triangles on the
> > hull simply ambient 1 finish or is there more about them?
>
> They're just rgb <0,0,1> ambient 1.  I don't have the patience to use
> anything more complicated on little logos.
>
> Anyhow, here's revision 3.  I've added some texturing on the moon, a little
> lens flare, and increased the lighting on the ship.  This image took 8
> hours to render on an 866MHz P3.
>
>  [Image]

Cool, now the moon looks really like a moon (texture of Earth's moon?)... and
I like the subtle rectangular structures (normals?) on the ship's hull. Is the
lensflare positioned at the actual position of the light source?

See you in Khyberspace - http://www.geocities.com/electricafghan/index-e.html
Afghanistan Chronicle: http://www.ndh.net/home/bleimann/

Yadgar